There is no failure, except in no longer trying. – Elbert Hubbard
Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Mark Twain
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. – Mark Twain
Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you’re doing it wrong! – Anonymous
A hug is like a boomerang – you get it back right away. – Bil Keane
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein
A year from now, you will wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
The True Love Quilting Club by Lori Wilde:
- Quilts are memories made visible.
- Friends are like quilts. You can never have too many.
- Quilts are love made visible.
- Quilters sew the past to the future.
- Quilts are permanent hugs of love.
- Give a woman a quilt and you warm her for the winter. Teach a woman to quilt and you warm her soul for life.
- Quilts are like people. No two are exactly alike.
“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few.”
– Shunryu Suzuki
“Take the risk! Remember – there are no rules.”
“When others compliment you on a painting, just say, “Thank you.” I used to tell them everything that was wrong with it, until someone gave me this advice. . . . At first it was hard to get those two words out of my mouth, but I practiced. I did not believe my admirers. My mind was saying, “Surely they don’t mean it. They’re just being nice.” It took many years for my mouth and heart to connect and I really mean it when I say, “Thank you.” My heart feels it, too. Say it with pride!”
– Catherine Anderson from her book: Basic Water Color Answer Book
Doesn’t that resonate with us quilters? It’s a lesson many of us must learn, especially when we first begin.
Christmas Gift Suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponenent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
– Oren Arnold (1900-1980; American Writer and Editor)
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on your soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all.
– Emily Dickinson
The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing that you will make one.
– Elbert Hubbard